About the ERCES Handbook
This first-of-its-kind printed desk reference and study guide authored by the Safer Buildings Coalition (SBC), includes comprehensive learning and reference material pertaining to Emergency Responder Communications Enhancement Systems (ERCES), plus everything you need to prepare for the NICET IB-PSC Certification.
The Handbook covers following NICET IB-PSC certifications: Designer and Technician (Level 1, 2, and 3), and is used as a reference for a variety of topics. It also includes an exclusive ERCES Vendor Directory to accelerate your search for knowledgeable industry resources.
Key Objectives of the Study Guide
- Increase industry competence
- Prepare students for NICET Certification
- Provide a pathway for workforce development
- Establish the definitive In-Building Public Safety Reference, covering:
- RF Fundamentals
- In-building design and installation core knowledge and best practices
- Identify requisite skills
- Code and standards requirements
- Level the playing field for contractors
- Provide AHJs, general contractors, and building owners the ability to identify competent vendors
- Facilitate common interpretation of codes and standards from jurisdiction to jurisdiction
- Provide a consistent working model for in-building public safety system collaborative processes